The perfect, no bubble, no crack cheesecake is waayy easier than you think! With only a few ingredients you can make this crowd favorite, too!
2 packages of 8 oz cream cheese at room temp
2/3 cup of granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/3 cup sour cream
1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/2 - 1 tsp of vanilla extract
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Boil a pot of water.
2. Mix together cream cheese and granulated sugar until well blended and smooth.
3. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir just enough to incorporate them fully into the mixture.
4. Add in sour cream and whipping cream.
5. Mix in lemon zest, vanilla extract and flour.
6. Lightly grease a springform pan. Line bottom with parchment paper. Wrap pan in aluminum foil.
7. Pour in cheesecake batter.
8. Place springform pan into larger pan and pour in boiling water into the larger pan. Pour only enough to cover about halfway up the side of springform pan.*
9. Bake at 325 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
10. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
The perfect cheesecake!
You can eat this just the way it is, add a fruit topping (like strawberries or cherries) or add it to a red velvet cheesecake recipe (which will be up tomorrow!) •fingers crossed that the video saved this time•
*This is called a water bath. Baking a cheesecake in a water bath ensures that the inside bakes at the same rate as the outside (so you don't get that brown-y, crispy outside).