What's red and white and delicious all over?!!
This ice cream cake! That's what!
From the vanilla chocolate chip graham cracker crust to the delicious, fresh strawberry topping you'll fall so in love with this cake you won't even mind the extra six million calories it packs on! Lol
And if you want to learn how to make it, read on!
LEVEL: So easy a caveman could do it.
PREP TIME: 5 mins
COOK TIME: 10-15 mins
REFRIGERATE: 4 hours
MOMMY METER: Kid-friendly! Let them help!
What You'll Need:
For the crust:
1/2 Pack of Graham Crackers
1/2 Tsp of Vanilla Extract
1/2 Tsp of Almond Extract
1 Cup of Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (Optional)
1 Tsp of Brown Sugar
4 Tbsp of melted Butter
For the Filling:
About one quart of ice cream (whichever flavor you like)
These are all optional, to pretty it up a bit
10 Fresh Strawberries
1 Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place graham crackers in freezer bag and be sure it is sealed.
3. Using the rolling pin, grind the crackers up until they look like sand.
4. Pour graham crackers in a mixing bowl, add in brown sugar, butter, vanilla and almond extract and chocolates if you wish. Stir.
WHAT IS A SPRINGFORM PAN, YOU ASK? THIS BABY RIGHT HERE!
5. In the springform pan, pack the graham cracker crumbs along the side first, using your hands or a spatula to keep it in place. Repeat for the bottom of the pan. Its easier to start with the sides and do the bottom last.
This is a crust with chocolate chips:
This is one without:
7. Allow to cool on a cooling rack for 15 minutes.
Add in ice cream and level off with spatula. Cut strawberries in quarters.
Refrigerate for at least four hours.
You can cut strawberries into quarters for decoration. Add strawberries and toppings as you desire and go to town!!!